The personal data we collect from you includes:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact us
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
- information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
- We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how you use GOV.UK. This includes IP addresses.
Google Analytics processes information about:
- the pages you visit
- how long you spend on each page
- how you got to the site
- what you click on while you’re visiting the site
- We make sure you cannot be directly identified by Google Analytics data.
We collect your personal data in order to:
- gather feedback to improve our services
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- monitor use of the site to identify security threats
- We use the information we collect through Google Analytics to see how well the site performs on your device.
We do this to help:
- make sure this web-site is meeting the needs of its users
- make improvements, for example improving site search
- make performance improvements, for example improving page load time and data usage
- The data we collect with Google Analytics cookies is transferred and stored with Google where we analyse it with Google Analytics software (Universal Analytics).
- We do not allow Google to use or share this data for their own purposes.
We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
- We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data